As a pioneering satellite team hailing from the prestigious University of Bristol, UoBSat stands at the forefront of student-driven space exploration. We are a dynamic group of individuals composed of both undergraduate and postgraduate students spanning the full spectrum of academic years, from wide-eyed first-years to seasoned final-year postgraduates. Our mission is to cultivate a dynamic environment that nurtures curiosity, innovation, and hands-on experience in the captivating realm of space technology.
Supported by a dedicated body of researchers and experts drawn from diverse academic domains including Aerospace, Physics, Electronics, and Earth Sciences, UoBSat unites the multidisciplinary prowess of these fields with the aim to create cutting-edge satellite technology that pushes the boundaries of what’s achievable.
UoBSat gives students the opportunity to go on a journey that transcends the ordinary student experience. Our dedication to hands-on learning and tangible accomplishments is encapsulated in our recent milestone—an environmental testing program at the European Space Agency in Belgium during the Easter of 2023. Our team are dedicated and driven to achieve our goal of placing the University of Bristol’s first satellite into space!
Together, as part of UoBSat, we strive for the extraordinary. We invite you to chart your path to the stars, equipped with skills, camaraderie and excitement. Your journey with us promises not only to be professionally enriching but also incredibly fulfilling, as you contribute to a highly accomplished and high-output team joining those who dare to reach for the stars!
Please note: We can, unfortunately, only accept applications from students and staff of the University of Bristol at this time.
Are you a driven and organized individual with a passion for project management and space technology? Join our satellite team at the University of Bristol as a Junior Project Manager, and play a pivotal role in orchestrating the planning, execution, and success of our cutting-edge satellite projects. Other expectations are that they will regularly attend the team-wide standup meetings and software sub-team meeting as part of a weekly time commitment of roughly 10 hours.
- Project Planning: Collaborate with senior project managers and sub-team leads to develop comprehensive project plans. Define project goals, scope, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements to ensure a clear roadmap for success.
- Task Allocation: Assist in breaking down project tasks into manageable components. Assist sub-team leads with assigning tasks to team members based on skill sets, availability, and project needs. Ensure that responsibilities are clearly defined and understood.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential risks that could impact project success and develop mitigation strategies. Monitor and manage these risks throughout the project lifecycle to minimize their impact.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including meeting minutes, progress reports, and project plans. Organize and archive project-related information for future reference.
- Budget Monitoring: Assist in tracking project expenses and resources against the allocated budget. Alert senior management to any budget discrepancies or potential overspending.
- Passion: for space, technology and satellites
- Organizational Skills: Strong ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and keep detailed records.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of fostering open and transparent communication among team members and stakeholders.
- Team Player: Collaborative attitude, capable of working effectively within a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
- Time Management: Proficiency in managing project timelines, setting deadlines, and adapting to changing circumstances.
- Problem Solving: Analytical mindset with the ability to identify issues, develop solutions, and make informed decisions.
- Adaptability: Willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Attention to Detail: Keen eye for detail and accuracy in project documentation and reporting.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience in keeping to budgets and project timelines
- Skill Development: Gain practical experience in project management, sharpening your organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Networking: Collaborate with professionals from various fields, expanding your professional network within the space industry.
- Hands-on Experience: Contribute directly to the development of cutting-edge satellite projects and witness the tangible results of your efforts.
- Career Growth: Lay the foundation for a successful career in project management, equipped with real-world experience and accomplishments.